Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon are the productions of the artist Revo, with him being the only permanent member. This board is for related discussions from fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Layla

Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Empty
Layla

PostSubject: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm#1

Sound Horizon has a lot of wonderful characters and a lot of interesting relationships, but the fact that so much is left to the imagination of the fans... well, it leaves a lot to the imagination of the fans. And, like a fan does, sometimes that imagination may lead to thinking about lovey-dovey fluffy stuff. So, I'm here asking you guys what your favorite pairings are!

It comes to no one's surprise that I'm a huge fan of Seisen no Iberia - and part of the many reasons why is the relationship between Shaytan and Layla. (Though, it's heavily implied that their relationship is a lot darker than one might hope, but we don't talk about those theories here, this is a fun and happy place and no one can stop me from saying Shaytan and Layla sail off into the horizon and maybe smooch or something, ALL INTERPRETATIONS ARE TRUE.) Then there's the heart-wrenching tragedy that is Elisabeth and Marz, which I still cry over all the time and pains me to think about.

At one point I even shipped Leontius and Misia, but that was before I realized they were siblings, so now it's a little...
Back to top Go down
http://osoreyo.tumblr.com
Sorau

Sorau

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:03 am#2

Ah, shipping, shipping~ Most part of canon Sanhora couples are really cute, like Livermore cuties are pure love <3 But despite of that, they really don't enter in the otp list.

Time ago I used to ship Dorn&Tettere so hard, their relationship may be special and even not that cute when you think about how things happened and how she got pregnant... But I was biased because she's my favorite character, so... However, that totally changed when I decided to roleplay as her. First Märchen&Dorn seemed like a thing, it was sad but cute...  Then Alchea joined the community with her Elef. There was a crack thread where people tried to find Lafrenze's father, and the other characters claimed it was Märchen, the conductor told otherwise and well... Then the rest reached the conclusion it was Elef's kid only for fun, after that, Thanatos made a "now kiss" meme with Dorn and Elef. It was a huge joke and totally crack, but then everything got serious and now it's the otp, we have developed many plots to cover every single detail about their relationship and it's really fun to play with that. Alche's Elef is wonderful and I'm really happy ElefDorn happened.

The recent one is Noemarie. Gosh, I just really love their relationship... And I also have the pleasure to roleplay as marie*marie and having a wonderful rp partner! (Doll of Death is an amazing and flawless Noël). We have few information about their interactions, but if you know how to take it, you get a lot of details. I liked them first, but after roleplaying with Kai and developing many aspects, I like them even more and get incredibly excited when I see a fanart or cosplay of them. Just, ah, I'm super happy of being able to share the Noemarie love with my friend! It's fun because time ago we really wanted to reach the lovey dovey stuff in our threads, and now that it's finally happening, we can't handle all the cute hahaha

Now the third otp: OrionMisia. It makes me really sad there's few fanart of them, but they're totally cute babies together.
Back to top Go down
http://baranotoudenemuruhimegimi.tumblr.com
Layla

Layla

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:10 am#3

I feel like Marchen getting shipped with anyone is really cute (if a little sad, but mostly because he's such a tragic character). Somehow, he manages to be a very shippable character, even though he's a creepy walking corpse man. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for, "Tragic dark character finds the warmth of love and learns to smile again." Almost as much as I am a sucker for, "All-powerful demon swears his fealty to a mortal and protects and takes care of them to the end of their days." I'm a huge loser for the most cliche stuff, and I'm not even a little ashamed.

Cross-Horizon ships are always really cool to see, which is why I'm TOTALLY on the Elef/Dorn boat. I wonder what such a ship name would be called. "Black Rose" is kind of a downer, since it references Necros-Elef more than happy cheerful good-ending Elef. Oh, but maybe Amethyst-Rose? Or something to that effect. I'm not good at coming up with cool ship names, ahaha...
Back to top Go down
Alchea

Alchea

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:24 am#4

Oh gosh

We got another ElefDorn fan, Sorau. VICTORY! cof cof

I'm not an OTP person (my weaknesses are friendships and family bonds, really. And perhaps that's one of the many reasons Moira appeals to me, as it is absolutely focused on those), but I'm so so so into ElefDorn. It was a simple joke at first with Märchen and Elef trying to get away of the problem and everyone concluding that Elef had to be the father because once Dorn saw him shirtless... Yeah, the start was that silly.

And then it became a THING (I've lost count again of all the alternative developments we have for them) and they are cute and complement well and I love them so much. And Elef as Lafrenze's father is simply too beautiful to be true.

Also I love your Dorn too <3 Thank you for being my RP partner.
Back to top Go down
Thanako

Chancellor

Thanako

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:53 pm#5

I very rarely go for romantic shipping, especially with Sound Horizon. I must admit I do ship people in a platonic way, though. I would love to see more interaction, and characters come back. I generally think the idea behind Sound Horizon is that we are all connected, so why not?
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net
Purella Lacelle

Purella Lacelle

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 3:47 pm#6

Though I must admit that I'm very much a hopeless romantic, I rarely ship any characters romantically...at least to the point where I would consider them an OTP. There's a ton of pairings that I like and find cute, but I'm not really that passionate towards them. So at least in a romantic sense, I have no OTP.

Like Thanako and Alche I usually ship characters platonically. In that sense, my OTP would definitely be Elef and Misia~ (Seriously do not get me started on them, ever.)
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 4:06 pm#7

Platonic ships are also really great, it can't be denied. Most of the best ships in Sound Horizon are the platonic ones. Relationships between people often play a key role in SanHora so it makes a lot of sense to love them as they are - sometimes even more than as you wish them to be.

Though, I suppose even my platonic ships are kind of doomed to never happen. Like my ships, "Elef x Love and Happiness," or "Marchen x a good night's sleep for gods sake stop running around the woods helping young women kill people what is the matter with you Therese didn't die for this"
Back to top Go down
Ghostie

Ghostie

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 6:19 pm#8

Purella Lacelle wrote:
Though I must admit that I'm very much a hopeless romantic, I rarely ship any characters romantically...at least to the point where I would consider them an OTP. There's a ton of pairings that I like and find cute, but I'm not really that passionate towards them. So at least in a romantic sense, I have no OTP.

Like Thanako and Alche I usually ship characters platonically. In that sense, my OTP would definitely be Elef and Misia~ (Seriously do not get me started on them, ever.)

I completely agree with basically all of this post, right down to being a hopeless romantic kind of person but not someone who ships really anything romantically. It's not just for Sound Horizon but for basically all my interests...I usually don't express my love for a series by shipping stuff! I also like thinking of cute platonic interactions more than anything.

I just really like Shaytan and Layla's dynamic and would have loved to see them more together (in a romantic or platonic way, I don't care I just have always loved them a lot). Sean Livermore being cute is something I've wanted to see more of from day 1 too.
Back to top Go down
Doll of Death

Doll of Death

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:32 pm#9

As much as a rapid shipper I am, shipping in SanHora is probably the last thing I'm interested in haha. Even then, I'm in full support of canon couples (like Elisabeth/Märchen, Seamus/Diana) or those heavily hinted (like Shaytan/Layla, and actually I wish we got to see more of their relationship) ovo I also have a bunch of ships where I'm like "Oh this is cute" (both crack and canon), but eeeeh I never really take it further than that.

Special mention goes to Noemarie, which has probably became my OTP of all OTPs ;; Sorau is a huge factor in this (My wonder and absolutely amazing Noemarie partner~), since I don't think it'd have jumped onto the ship if she didn't bring up the idea that she wanted to roleplay as marie*marie haha I only thought marie*marie's infatuation with Noël was kinda cute, but I didn't wanna take it too far but now...here I am. It's fun seeing their interactions in our roleplays and all the headcanons we make about them aaaah ;u;

I think I also want to bring up Dark Winter (Hiver/Märchen) because dead kids turned spirits are always fun haha There's something interesting about their potential dynamic that seems interesting to me. Maybe it's the amount of parallels between them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread EmptyShips Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Empty

PostSubject: Re: Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread Empty#10

Back to top Go down

Ships Sail into the Horizon - OTP Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1