Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon are the productions of the artist Revo, with him being the only permanent member. This board is for related discussions from fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

4th Horizon Impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Thanako

Chancellor

4th Horizon Impressions Empty
Thanako

PostSubject: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:05 pm#1

-4TH STORY ELYSION IMPRESSIONS THREAD-

4th Horizon Impressions XA1QMa4

Baroque wrote:
"This sin is the kind I wouldn't allow even God to forgive..."

«In that case, allow me to be the one that forgives you...»

Last edited by Thanako on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net
Ghostie

Ghostie

PostSubject: Re: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 pm#2

A Horizon that I've always loved. Recently my love has been absolutely rekindled because I feel like I have a much deeper understanding of it all than I had before. If you're interested in reading, I wrote a thing on Elysion very recently even.

It's most definitely dark and has probably the most mature themes out of any Sound Horizon release. It's a very important release for Sound Horizon as it was the first to crack Oricon top 10 when it came out and its success led to Revo's future endeavors. I would say this is one of the most triggering SH releases, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to younger fans...but despite that, it remains one of the most impressive works to me. It's one of the first SH releases that really blew me away with its structure of the ABYSS songs (and how the intros of each song, when pieced together, make the melody that we hear in the very first song's introduction) in between the songs that are more through El's perspective (or fantasies in her picture book). Overall, this is a release that's very uncomfortable to some because of its subject matter, but one of the most significant to me and how I view Sound Horizon personally.
Back to top Go down
Attic Girl

Attic Girl

PostSubject: Re: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:30 pm#3

Should Elysion be at the mature discussion? It's a very dark horizon. (shivers)
Back to top Go down
Ghostie

Ghostie

PostSubject: Re: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:31 pm#4

I think that some of it will definitely be discussed there, but there are aspects of Elysion that aren't, so it makes sense to have a general topic for it here as well.
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

PostSubject: Re: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:08 pm#5

I feel like Elysion presented one of the most interesting themes in Sound Horizon, of forbidden or misguided love, and a search for Paradise within those bonds. It's really deep in a lot of different ways as it tackles the futility of life, and the pain that comes with love, and it's really something I'd like to sit down and write an academic paper on or something. It's definitely one of my favorite releases, and I'm glad it's getting revived with the release of a new novel - hopefully discussion and fan interest will pick back up along with it.
Back to top Go down
http://osoreyo.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

4th Horizon Impressions Empty4th Horizon Impressions Empty

PostSubject: Re: 4th Horizon Impressions 4th Horizon Impressions Empty#6

Back to top Go down

4th Horizon Impressions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1