Sound Horizon and Linked Horizon are the productions of the artist Revo, with him being the only permanent member. This board is for related discussions from fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HorizonQuest

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:20 am#1

This is a game that's fairly common on some forums, and is really fun for everyone, both the artist and the viewers! The way this is going to go down is, I'm going to draw a comic. But the twist is, you get to decide what happens, and I'm going to draw whatever you decide! It's a fun little choose your own adventure story, and it'll be a blast to draw and read.

Before we get started, I'm going to lay down some ground rules of the game:

• There is an overarching story - Everything the character does will progress the events in the timeline. This isn't just a request thread like you might think - it's an actual comic, and the things you tell them to do now will matter later.
  • The next entry in the comic will be decided by the first comment - There will be exceptions, if the first comment is just really difficult to think of or too far fetched, but I don't think I'll skip around too often. Y'all seem like reasonable people. I'm sure the story is in good hands.
  • Any character is fair game - I'm going to start the story with Layla (because she is my angel and I love her), but you can tell me to switch characters whenever you think it's right to. However...
  • I will only switch characters once in a while - I don't want to be switching who's at the center every 2 entries. Something has to happen with the character we're on before we take a look at what's going on with anyone else.
  • Your entry may have unintended consequences - You might tell a character to do something, but that won't always mean they'll be able to do the thing you tell them to do. They will try things and they'll fail. They'll try things and something else might change! Think before you make your comment. But think fast, because it's first come, first served.
  • Characters can chat with each other - I'll be the one writing the dialogue, but the dialogue can happen at any time. You can tell a character to talk to someone, or it'll just happen with the story. Either way, it's something that's going to happen at least once. And it'll be great.
  • Keep it PG - I'm not gonna draw any weird stuff. I'm a tiny, fragile little flower who finds discomfort in many things. Don't make me draw anything you wouldn't tell your family to draw.
  • No repeats - If I don't pick your direction, don't send it over and over in hopes that I'll finally pay attention. In fact, I'm more likely to never choose that out of spite. I am a very spiteful person. I will do this and you won't be happy.

Got it all? Great! Then let's get this show on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://osoreyo.tumblr.com
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 am#2

HorizonQuest Hq10

Your name is Layla.

You stand alone in a cold, dank dungeon.

The walls are damp and covered in vines. Small puddles cover the hard, rocky floor. Little sunlight filters through the mossy overhang. The only light to help you see is your hair that dances like flame, and the dim, warm glow that lies beyond the tunnel before you.

You currently possess nothing but the clothes on your back.

What will you do?
Back to top Go down
Maman

HorizonQuest Empty
Maman

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 am#3

old-old-school rpg is go!!!

>explore surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Thanako

Chancellor

HorizonQuest Empty
Thanako

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:54 am#4

Still, loving this idea and wishing you luck with it.
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: > Explore your surroundings. HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:20 pm#5

> Explore your surroundings.

HorizonQuest Hq210

There isn't much to explore within these caves that you haven't seen already. There is an opening above that you once fell through to lead you in here, but that was a fairly long time ago. You remember that time tried to use the vines that cover the walls to climb out of the cave, which predictably ended with you falling on your butt and feeling bruised in both body and pride for about a week. You're not going to try that stunt again.

HorizonQuest Hq310

The only other thing inside here besides puddles and vines and dirt and rocks is a little leaf bed that occupies the corner of the room, which you crafted after getting fed up with sleeping on the cold, hard floor. You have to admit, it's not much of an improvement, and looking at it makes you a little annoyed at your current living situation. No one should have to live in a cave and sleep on a pile of leaves. What are you, some kind of barbarian?

HorizonQuest Hq410

Then, of course, there's Big Stupid Jerkwad Tunnel, which leads to the Big Stupid Jerkwad himself. You haven't seen that guy today. Maybe you should go talk to him, if only for the lack of anyone else to talk to. Then again, it occurs to you that it would probably be an unpleasant experience.

Last edited by Layla on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thanako

Chancellor

HorizonQuest Empty
Thanako

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm#6

>recall prior experiences with the Big Stupid Jerkwad for the sake of strategizing your next moves
Back to top Go down
https://strophe-horizon.rpg-board.net
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: > Recall past experiences with the Big Stupid Jerkwad. HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:23 pm#7

> Recall past experiences with the Big Stupid Jerkwad.

HorizonQuest Hq510

Despite not knowing him for very long, the two of you had quite the adventure. First you got shot with a flaming arrow and fell down some crack in the ground, then you accidentally freed an age-old demon from imprisonment, and in return he made you immortal and gave you a smooch. That was pretty weird. You're almost certain that smooch was entirely unnecessary. But, it happened, and when it was over, he got you out of here and totally wrecked everything and burned people alive. It was unpleasant, but you asked for it, and he made a promise that he would deliver.

It's after that when things took a turn for the terrible. Once you got your wish and everything was decimated, Big Stupid Jerkface lived up to his new nickname and told you that his debt was paid, and he was going to do his own thing now. That sure left you all high and dry - you didn't have anything left from your old life, so what were you expected to do? - but he let you tag along to... whatever this was.

And, here you are, stuck in a cave and bored as heck. The two of you have lived in this dungeon for about a month, and every day it feels like it's getting worse and worse. How in the world did he convince you that this was a good idea? You've got to stop being so gullible all the time.

Back to top Go down
Saint Elisabeth

HorizonQuest Empty
Saint Elisabeth

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 11:07 pm#8

> look around for Big Stupid Jerkwad, hes probably around here somewhere!!
Back to top Go down
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
Layla

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: > Look for the Big Stupid Jerkwad HorizonQuest EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 am#9

> Look for the Big Stupid Jerkwad

HorizonQuest Hq610

You get the sinking feeling that you're going to regret this.

HorizonQuest Hq710

Through the tunnel you go, footsteps echoing through the cavern as you head towards the light that guides your way. And beyond, you find...

HorizonQuest Hq810

...Nothing.

Well, not exactly nothing - a giant cave full of fire and lava is far from nothing, and is really quite remarkable, considering how there was literally nothing here not long ago - but there's just enough nothing to leave you disappointed. And perhaps a little afraid. Where's the Big Stupid Jerkface? You've never seen him leave before. Did he abandon you? Should you be worried?

Back to top Go down
Thanako

Chancellor

HorizonQuest Empty
Thanako

HorizonQuest Empty
HorizonQuest Empty

HorizonQuest Empty
PostSubject: Re: HorizonQuest HorizonQuest EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 am#10

>Search for clues with caution
Back to top Go down